Flink on Apache Bigtop
- Mentor: Jay Vyas
- Mentor trello id: jayunit100
- Mentor email: jvyas at redhat dot com
- Min-max team size: 3-5
- Expected project hours per week (per team member): 8-10
- Will the project be open source? Yes.
- Mentor available times: Jay will meet with students on Saturdays, between 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Preferred past experience
Some experience in one or more of the following is preferred in possible team members:
- Some Docker or virtualization experience
- Some Linux experience: Should understand when you need to use root, ps, top, etc.
- Some experience with building java apps and jar files
- Some experience with RPM or DEB packaging, Yum repositories, etc…
Can we automated the java packaging and deployment of apache flink onto a cluster using apache bigtop’s packaging framework?
For an intro to bigtop packaging, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GfcKEjO6e8&feature=youtu.be .
Some Technologies Expected To Be Learned/Used