- Mentor: Peter Walsh Send an email to peter.walsh-at-jackpinetech-dot-com if you are interested in the project.
- Min-max team size: 2-3
- Expected project hours per week (per team member): 6-8
- Will the project be open source? Yes
- Scripting (PowerShell, bash, Groovy, or higher level language) (important)
- Virtualization concepts (important)
- Web services (nice to have)
- Enterprise applications (nice to have)
CONS3RT provides users with self-service access to a vast library of automated installations of all sorts of software components to their systems - application, utilities, data sets, lock downs, configurations, etc. Users leverage this library of resources to design simple workstations to complex capabilities (e.g 30 or more servers). Every thing in the library can be shared and reused "as is" and/or used as the basis for something more.
Working with a set of experienced asset developers, the team will identify options for services and applications that impact the the user community. After assessing alternatives, the team will develop, integrate and test the assets and system designs, with a focus on a high level of configurability and reuse. The resulting assets and designs will be used across an the CONS3RT community in multiple sites, including the MOC.
CONS3RT is a leading-edge hybrid cloud orchestration and DevOps software suite, enabling automated, user-driven workflows. There are several tools that target cloud management, but CONS3RT focuses on cloud usefulness so users can get things done! Users can leverage the Provisioning, Build and Test as a Service capabilities so their organization can achieve the highest levels of continuous integration and continuous delivery. (https://www.jackpinetech.com/cons3rt/)
- Cloud orchestration
- Software development discipline
- Application integration
- Use of APIs