- Mentor: Scott Rich email: scotts-at-twosigma-com
- Min-max team size: 3-5
- Expected project hours per week (per team member): 6-8
- Will the project be open source? Yes - Apache license
Some experience in one or more of the following is preferred in possible team members:
- OpenStack APIs (Valuable)
- AWS or GCE APIs (Nice to Have)
- Depending on the exact use case, familiarity with a framework like Hadoop or a service like Elastic Search-Logstache-Kibana.
As users evolve from on-premise Computing to Cloud, they are in a transitional phase. Valuable data and services are often only available within their existing data centers, maybe in Private Clouds, but new applications want to take advantage of new services and scalable resources available from Public Clouds. This Hybrid model is going to be here for some time to come. Integrating on-premise data and services with new services and capabilities from the Public Clouds poses challenging engineering and Security problems. This project would explore a hybrid scenario where a scalable Public Cloud capability could be made available as a Service in a Private Cloud, and used effectively and securely operating on private data. An example might be to apply a scalable Hadoop cluster in the cloud operating on internal data, or enabling Log Analysis for Private Cloud applications with an ELK stack provisioned on the Public Cloud.